Re: [exim] blocking on failure of reverse_host_lookup

Top Pagina
Auteur: Joan
Aan: Ian P. Christian
CC: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] blocking on failure of reverse_host_lookup
2009/7/2 Ian P. Christian <pookey@???>:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I though I'd seen people post on the list about blocking outright on
>> reverse_host_lookup - however having implemented this yesterday, it
>> seems like it quite possibly did block the occasional email.  Before
>> yesterday, it was just used as part of a scoring system.
>
> Whislt on the topic... how can I check that a host has a reverse
> record, without doing the full forward checking that
> reverse_host_lookup does?  I can at least block outright hosts that
> don't have a reverse...

Quoting from: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/exim/users/83353

If you want to only check whether reverse DNS exists at all, with no
regard to the subsequent forward-DNS check, you can use something along
the lines of this:

defer
!condition = ${lookup dnsdb{defer_never,ptr=$sender_host_address}{yes}}
log_message = REVERSE DNS: no PTR found for $sender_host_address
message = Sender's ISP has no reverse DNS for $sender_host_address.