Re: [exim] DKIM and DomainKeys

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM and DomainKeys
Tom Kistner wrote:

> Domainkeys support has been dropped. I
> don't really feel like bringing it back, since I now consider it to be a
> dead proprietary technology. If you really need to run DKIM/Domainkeys
> concurrently with Exim, your only option is to pull a CVS snapshot by
> date of April last year, or use the tarball I posted back then [2].

I agree that DomainKeys support should be dropped. It's already
deprecated and its Exim support never managed to get out of Experimental.

If people really must sign with both technologies and don't want to use
my trick for sending a message through Exim twice, there is another
alternative which is to install http://dkimproxy.sourceforge.net/ and
add a manualroute to Exim to force mail that needs to be signed through
it. I know somebody that recently set up Exim to do that so it
definitely works.

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/