[exim] exim-users.org site

Author: Ted Cooper [Exim-users]
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim-users.org site

http://www.exim-users.org/forums/register.php?

vBulletin Message

    Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

I finally got around to installing DynaStop and looking into using it
(since it has considerably better coverage that my home grown solution). My
best guess at a discussion site for it was on the exim-users.org forums but
it seems that everything on the forums has been disabled?

Has this website kicked the bucket? Is there somewhere else where people
using DynaStop discuss it? I bring this up here since this list is the only
place I have seen it mentioned.

I have already re-written the web update script to prevent it from
downloading the same files over and over again, and to include some conf
files that were missing. One of the files is 25Mb+ and should probably be
synchronised with rsync instead of HTTP. I'm also looking into changing
some of the input code so that I can query if a particular hostname is
dynamic without having to provide an IP address. Essentially so I can tell
the difference between a very poorly set up exchange box and a very stupid
spambot on a dynamic IP address.
eg host 124.11.188.49 with matched reverse dns of
124-11-188-49.static.tfn.net.tw says HELO with
124-11-200-20.static.tfn.net.tw (which was the bot's address when it
started up) versus the same IP saying HELO with whoopiecushions.local.
Still very suspect, but I want different behviour from my side in each of
the cases - outright reject the first case, but greylist the second.

--
The Exim Manual
http://www.exim.org/docs.html