Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error

Author: Sheri
To: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.9-RC2 test release CMake error
Philip Hazel wrote:

>>> Thanks. Can you check that this works, Sheri? If you are happy, I'll
>>> make the change for the proper 7.9 release.
>>>

>> The first line gave an error, no variable defined.
>>

> It works fine for me, using cmake on Linux. The version is 2.6-patch 2.
> I am intending to put it in the 7.9 release.
>
> Philip

I downloaded your CMakeLists.txt and other individual source files from
here <http://www.exim.org/viewvc/pcre/code/trunk/?sortby=date> which I
believe were updated since RC2. Then I tried to configure using
cmakesetup in Msys.

As before, I got this error:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:523 (STRING):
string no output variable specified

(Press Cancel to suppress any further messages.)
---------------------------
OK Cancel
---------------------------

if I click OK, I get this:

---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
CMake Error: Error in configuration process, project files may be invalid

(Press Cancel to suppress any further messages.)
OK Cancel

if I click OK, it shows the various settings, and I can configure with
it. But afterwards, I do not get the build summary in Msys (rxvt).

Regards,
Sheri

PS, in my message of Apr 1, I reported that when I tried a comma before
"buildtype" on that line, I didn't get the error, but Christian never
commented on whether that would be correct.