Re: [exim] Missing Message-ID header

Author: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Missing Message-ID header

On 24 Feb 2009, at 12:34, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> I have seen crapy MUAs (possibly Webmail interfaces) that do not
> generate a Message-ID.

As I understand it some MUAs (I believe in the Microsoft camp, which is
not normally a shining beacon of standards compliance or privacy), do
not generate Message-Id because the host part of the ID can leak
security/privacy sensitive information. Instead they rely on their
upstream to produce the header... which means the upstream needs to do
the right thing...

     Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]