Re: [exim] Is it possible to modify my Exim config file so …

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian Eiloart
To: paul.mcilfatrick, exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] Is it possible to modify my Exim config file so thatsinglequote pairs in address headers?

--On 6 February 2009 11:53:00 +0000 paul.mcilfatrick@??? wrote:

> I said in a previous post that lately our local Exim MTA (version 4.69
># 1 built 05-Aug-2008 12:27:08) has been receiving e-mails from within
> the company with invalid address headers (singlequote pairs have been
> added around some e-mail addresses and Exim objects to this as being
> invalid!).
>
> Investigation has found that the cause of these e-mails seems to be
> Microsoft Outlook 2007 when a Reply To All is used
> (http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx
> ?dg=microsoft.public.outlook&tid=2f9d47e3-815e-483b-bb4f-871948dfb941&ca
> t=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1
> ).
>

> As a very part time Exim manager I would like your thoughts on whether
> it is possible to modify my Exim config file so that singlequote pairs
> in address headers are removed which will then allow Exim to process the
> e-mail without rejecting it because of an invalid address header?

This is a bug that really ought to be fixed by Microsoft. Unless it's a
configuration problem on the exchange server, in which case the Exchange
administrator should be fixing it.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex