著者: paul.mcilfatrick
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Is it possible to modify my Exim config file so that singlequote pairs in address headers?
I said in a previous post that lately our local Exim MTA (version 4.69
#1 built 05-Aug-2008 12:27:08) has been receiving e-mails from within
the company with invalid address headers (singlequote pairs have been
added around some e-mail addresses and Exim objects to this as being
invalid!).

Investigation has found that the cause of these e-mails seems to be
Microsoft Outlook 2007 when a Reply To All is used
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx
?dg=microsoft.public.outlook&tid=2f9d47e3-815e-483b-bb4f-871948dfb941&ca
t=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1
).

As a very part time Exim manager I would like your thoughts on whether
it is possible to modify my Exim config file so that singlequote pairs
in address headers are removed which will then allow Exim to process the
e-mail without rejecting it because of an invalid address header?

Thanks

Paul McIlfatrick