Re: [exim] Moving mailboxes...

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Daniel Tiefnig
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Moving mailboxes...
Max Lock wrote:
> I'm thinking of something along the lines of exim_locking all the
> mailboxes then somehow unmounting them, mounting the new filesystem
> and then unlocking them.

I think what you might be looking for is a router like this:

# queue mails for mailboxes that are currently migrated somewhere
defer_for_migration:
driver = redirect
verify = no
condition = exists {/tpath/to/migration.flag}
data = :defer:

Put this just before your local delivery routers, and no mail will be
routed to the mailboxes as long as the file /tpath/to/migration.flag
exists. (Make sure that routing to remote destinations has already been
done, or these will be deferred too.)
I used a file here to activate / deactivate the router, but you may also
use a mysql lookup or anything else to defer mails per mailbox, domain
or globally.
You could also use "verify = yes" to return temporary errors in SMTP
chats already, if this better fits your needs. But usually it's better
to queue on your local disks.

You'll still have to take care of IMAP / POP access.

hth,
daniel