Re: [exim] Moving mailboxes...

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Gordon Dickens
Päiväys:
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Moving mailboxes...

Maybe this will help:
[1]http://www.linux-france.org/prj/imapsync/README
FYI,
Gordon Dickens
Max Lock wrote:

[2]http://www.datanet.co.uk/default.aspx [3]http://www.datanet.co.uk/default.as
px

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of migrating our mailboxes from one nfs server to
another. I'm trying to figure out a nice way to perform this migration
without having to stop exim. I'm thinking of something along the lines
of exim_locking all the mailboxes then somehow unmounting them, mounting
the new filesystem and then unlocking them. however I don't think
this'll work as exim_lock possibly stores the lock on the nfs
filesystem. once the old nfs is unmounted the locks will fail.

Can a transport/router be temporarily locked?

Has anyone done anything like this before, or am I looking at downing
the whole system for the duration?

-Cheers Max.

Max Lock - Senior Systems Administrator
Datanet - Hosting & Connectivity
0845 130 6010
0845 130 6020
[4]mailto:Max.Lock@datanet.co.uk
[5]http://www.datanet.co.uk/
Registered Office: DATANET.CO.UK Limited, Aspen House, Barley Way, Ancells Busi
ness Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UT Registered in England - No. 3214053
Providing Internet Solutions for Business since 1996, Datanet, over 12 years of
excellence in service, support and IP solutions
[6]http://www.datanet.co.uk/awards_and_affiliates.aspx
[7]http://www.datanet.co.uk/datacentre_diary.aspx