Re: [exim] need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORW…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: windy_1
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORWARDINGemail to mail server
The "sending/forwarding" server is the one I am setting up (or attempting to).
I need it to forward the emails using "smart host" to the mail server the
company uses (not owned by us)
The mail logs show that exim4 is using the correct mail name and password
the recieving server is claiming the client does not have permission to send
mail. The same email address can send mail from outlook. Maybe outlook
authenticates different (??) as not with the name of the sender ??
Is there any other file I need to edit to use smarthost once the correct user
name and password is bbeing used? The mail server IT people say I am NOT to
use certs or tokens.
I am so lost

base line: I installed the latest Ubuntu (five weeks ago)
I installed the latest Bugzilla
I installed Apache2
I installed mysql
Bugzilla actually works - this proves strnage things can happen :}
Now all I need to do is get bugzilla to send mail :{

thanks
gayle

On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 19:25:12 +0000, Dave Evans wrote
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:05:35AM -0800, windy_1 wrote:
> > I need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORWARDING email to mail

server. I believe I set it up correctly based on all the amazing help I got on
this list.
> > It sends all mail from the correct email address using the correct password
> > It sends on the correct port
> >
> > The host returns that the client is not authorized to send mail
> >
> > The email address sends mail using outlook so that email is accepted
> >
> > My guess is that it is the server I have the exim4 on that isn't

authenticating. Do I need to use tokens and generate a cert?