Re: [exim] need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORW…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dave Evans
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORWARDINGemail to mail server
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 11:05:35AM -0800, windy_1 wrote:
> I need help in setup of TLS authentication for FORWARDING email to mail server. I believe I set it up correctly based on all the amazing help I got on this list.
> It sends all mail from the correct email address using the correct password
> It sends on the correct port
>
> The host returns that the client is not authorized to send mail
>
> The email address sends mail using outlook so that email is accepted
>
> My guess is that it is the server I have the exim4 on that isn't authenticating. Do I need to use tokens and generate a cert?

So let me check, are you saying that:

* there are two servers
* you want to use TLS when sending mail from one server to another
* the receiving server says that the sending server is not authorized
* and you want to fix that error?

If that's right, which of the two servers do you control - the sender, the
receiver, or both?

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/