Re: [exim] New exitop - 0.04

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Ian Eiloart
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New exitop - 0.04
Hi,

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 04:57:47PM +0000, Ian Eiloart wrote:
> > :dim word, :dim /re/ - dim entries
>
> Cool! It took me a while to work out that "dim" means "remove highlight". I
> was expecting it to grey out stuff to a third state.

Sorry, that is a little confusing, partly because I haven't sorted
out in my own head yet exactly what I want.

Basically there are currently three different colours that can be
applied - stale entries turn yellow after a certain amount of
time. This shows the entries that have been around a long time
(and therefore must be big talkers as they haven't been purged in
the normal "not-seen-for-five-minutes" tidyup).

Highlighed entries are made bold and turn red, dim entries are
turned dim (if the terminal supports it, mine doesn't seem to) and
turned blue, which is quite hard to see anyway on my terminal.

Highlighted entries override dimmed entries. For example, here I
am making leicester addresses dim, which means other stuff stands
out as white or yellow, and I can manually make something red to
highlight it more.

> It would be cool to be able to filter some stuff out completely. For
> example, my local domain, so that I could focus on other domains.

Yes, that's on the list next as :hide. I was about to do it
instead of :dim, but then thought "actually, if someone starts to
spam from our domain then I want it to appear"... so :dim happened
first.

I discovered a user today redirecting all mail to an off-site
mailbox that was full - it slowly made its way to the top of the
screen; I would never have seen it before. :-) Facebook is still
15% of all our mail, too...

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>