Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Yves Goergen
To: exim
新しいトピック: Re: [exim] (now officially OT) Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED
題目: Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED
On 20.07.2008 11:33 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
> I've now upgraded to Exim 4.69 on the production system and faced the
> same problems that I had yesterday. I needed to add the "mysql"
> subdirectory to the Makefile paths and I needed to add the
> libmysqlclient path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig to make Exim work.

Yet I don't know why Exim is the only application that has this problem.
ProFTPd for example also links to the same MySQL client library and
still runs without the ld.so.conf change. Yet other applications
(courier-authlib) find and use the MySQL client library entirely alone
without anybody telling them where to find it. Do they know where to
find the library when MySQL is installed from source? Are they able to
tell ld at runtime (or compile time) from where to link the shared
library file and Exim is not? Should that be changed?

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>