Re: [exim] (now officially OT) Error compiling Exim 4.69 - R…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
古いトピック: Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED
題目: Re: [exim] (now officially OT) Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED
On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:14:27PM +0200, Yves Goergen said:
> On 20.07.2008 11:33 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
> > I've now upgraded to Exim 4.69 on the production system and faced the
> > same problems that I had yesterday. I needed to add the "mysql"
> > subdirectory to the Makefile paths and I needed to add the
> > libmysqlclient path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig to make Exim work.
>
> Yet I don't know why Exim is the only application that has this problem.
> ProFTPd for example also links to the same MySQL client library and
> still runs without the ld.so.conf change. Yet other applications
> (courier-authlib) find and use the MySQL client library entirely alone
> without anybody telling them where to find it. Do they know where to
> find the library when MySQL is installed from source? Are they able to
> tell ld at runtime (or compile time) from where to link the shared
> library file and Exim is not? Should that be changed?

objdump -x /path/to/binary | grep RPATH

It's frequently the case for autoconf-built applications that libtool
'helpfuly' adds an rpath when you have libraries outside of standard
search paths. I personally dislike rpath, as it makes it harder to
relocate libraries later, but YMMV.
|  Stephen Gran                  | If you are too busy to read, then you   |
|  steve@???             | are too busy.                           |