Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Yves Goergen
To: exim
古いトピック: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69
題目: Re: [exim] Error compiling Exim 4.69 - RESOLVED
On 19.07.2008 14:37 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> (...)
>> ar cq auths.a
>> ranlib auths.a
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/yves/src/exim-4.69/build-Linux-i386/auths'
>>
>> make[1]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »lookups/lookups.a«,
>> benötigt von »exim«, zu erstellen. Schluss.
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yves/src/exim-4.69/build-Linux-i386'
>> make: *** [go] Fehler 2

Well, what can I say. It probably was a kind of chaos from different
systems. I checked the file sizes and dates and found that the Exim 4.62
binary that I've been using on the production server was not built
there. That was in a time when I had installed MySQL from their prebuilt
binaries - which causes trouble with Debian's ssl library. What did work
back then was to build applications (Exim was only one of them) on my
former test system here at home and then copy the binary over to the
production system. I have now reactivated that old test system: Exim was
really built in there (the files are identical). With MySQL's binary
version which may have different libraries than what I build from source
today.

I've now upgraded to Exim 4.69 on the production system and faced the
same problems that I had yesterday. I needed to add the "mysql"
subdirectory to the Makefile paths and I needed to add the
libmysqlclient path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig to make Exim work.

So it wasn't really a difference between both systems, it really was a
difference in how and where the Exim binary was actually built.

Now I think I have solved the issue with the help of some info about
ld.so.conf. It may not be the most elegant solution to add a library
search path to the ld config, but it surely is the easiest and it looks
stable enough to me.

Thanks for your help. :-)

--
Yves Goergen "LonelyPixel" <nospam.list@???>