[exim] Archiving Email from Exim into a Mysql Database in re…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Lee Doran
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Archiving Email from Exim into a Mysql Database in real time
Hello all.

I have a Exim server running - CENTOS 5.1, updated.

Kernel = 2.6.18-53.el5

Exim version 4.63-3.el5.

Mysql Version = 5.0.45-7.el5

Lots of various Perl Modules are loaded and required for this to work.

DateTime, DBI and so on.

The problem I have is this, we had a programmer write (wrong) a perl
script that loads emails into a MySql database for archiviing purpose
when they processed. The problem is sometimes we get Sql syntax errors
when the script is processing some domain names and sometimes when there
are attachments. The attachments information is kept in separate tables
and the attachments themselves are saved out to a location on the disk.

NOTE: I said sometimes - sometimes it well just works fine.

I am needing a new solution to put the emails into the database, either
a new script or instructions for using Exim DBI methods.

Now, before you start, I know I can archive using a Exim system filter
and save all the emails off to a file. I have successfully set this up
work. If I need to do that before I load them into the database that is
fine as well. But, my boss insist that the archive be loaded into a
MySQL database.

Do anyone out there have a working system solution for this?

Please reply only if you have a known good end to end solution for this
that has worked on Red Hat, Fedora or CENTOS.

Thanks very much in advance.

Lee