Re: [exim] How do you get multiple messages sent via the sam…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] How do you get multiple messages sent via the same smarthost SMTP connection?
On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 15:32 +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
> From reading the docs it seems that Exim is supposed to reuse SMTP
> connections, but for some reason this isn't happening for me. Perhaps
> it's because of the "mailman_verp_smtp" transport I have set up?

Yes, that's it. Mailman and the VERP router ensures that every message
is sent to a single recipient (for bounce handling automation).

You can change the way exim is running to get around this. At the moment
you're probably calling it with options like "-bd -q20m" or similar.

If you change the daemon options to "-bd" only, to run the listening
daemon, you can then run the queue runners from cron instead with
different options.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch05.html#SECID39

"-qq...

        An option starting with -qq requests a two-stage queue run. In
        the first stage, the queue is scanned as if the
        queue_smtp_domains option matched every domain. Addresses are
        routed, local deliveries happen, but no remote transports are
        run.

         The hints database that remembers which messages are waiting
        for specific hosts is updated, as if delivery to those hosts had
        been deferred. After this is complete, a second, normal queue
        scan happens, with routing and delivery taking place as normal.
        Messages that are routed to the same host should mostly be
        delivered down a single SMTP    connection because of the hints
        that were set up during the first queue scan. This option may be
        useful for hosts that are connected to the Internet
        intermittently."

So you could have a cron job which looks like this:

*/20 * * * * /usr/sbin/exim -qq

In conjunction with a non-queue-running daemon that may get you what you
want.

Graeme