Re: [exim] How do you get multiple messages sent via the sam…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Adam Nielsen
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] How do you get multiple messages sent via the same smarthost SMTP connection?
>> The problem is that this other mailserver (beyond my control) has a rate
>> limit enforced. This means that after 20 connections in a row further
>> connections are dropped until traffic stops for a few minutes.
>
> You haven't set connection_max_messages = 1 ?

Nope, I've tried setting it to 200 messages as well but with no difference.

> Look at remote_max_parallel and queue_run_max.
>
> What's probably happening is that Exim is receiving the mail and
> immediately trying to send it on. If you can tolerate a short delay in
> sending email, you might try configuring Exim to queue all mail instead
> of delivering immediately and running with more frequent queue-runners.

That's what I thought, but after the first run through there are about
1000 messages stuck in the queue (because they couldn't contact the
server.) Every time I start a queue runner another 20 messages go but
the rest are stuck, so I assume pre-queueing all the messages wouldn't
make any difference?

> Basically, you're arranging for Exim to figure out where all the mail
> has to go, but only actually sending it out periodically, when there's
> likely to be multiple items that can be delivered down a connection.

Are "figuring out where the mail has to go" and "sending it out"
actually two different steps? Because like I say the mail is being
queued, and flushing the queue still only sends one message per SMTP
connection - but if it's not "figuring out where the mail has to go"
until the last minute perhaps this could still explain why it's only
sending one message per connection.

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers,
Adam.