Re: [exim] ACL rewrite

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL rewrite
Searcher wrote:
>> - all recipients to be handled are your clients
> Yes they are
>> - all affected deliveries are 'local'.
> None of the deliveries are local, this is just a forwarder of emails to be
> modified or to be left untouched - the only purpose of this instance of exim
> is to sort emails 2 ways

*snip*

- Dump all the acl stuff and single-recipient limit stuff.

- pick up the 'default' system_aliases router:

====

system_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
user = mailnull
group = mail
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

=====

rename it from "system_aliases:" to, for example "probationary:"

Change the path and filename {/etc/aliases} in

" data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}"

to some other /path/filename that Exim's 'group' can read, and that your
appointed admin (person or script or web interface) can write to.

Example ownership: specialadmin:mail

Use a script, web interface, SQL DB trigger, or POT editor to put
those-who-are-to-be re-written into that new file and take them out later.

Use the conventional alias file format:

recipient[1]@our.domain.special.domain: recipient[1]@our.domain
.
.
.
.

recipient[n]@our.domain.special.domain: recipient[n]@our.domain

Delete them or comment them out when they are off probation.

No need to restart Exim.

No need to do a 'newaliases' or such - Exim will read the specified file
directly, not a db/cdb of it.

Place this ahead of whatever router handles those who are no longer to
be re-written - e.g. 'normal' folks.

AFAIK, that relieves you of the need to re-write headers manually at all.

KISS. You *could* just use the stock router and /etc/aliases file,
though on ownership/perms and location grounds alone, I'd suggest not
mixing them.

HTH,

Bill