Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Development blockage...
On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 17:05 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> I think we have hit a stage where effectively no work is being done on
> exim - the bugzilla queue is increasing, but very few of them are
> being touched at all.

A sorry state indeed...

> If this remains like this it might be as well to admit the current
> state of things and arrange the funeral.

I think it would be better for everyone to look more positively toward
the future instead. How about we - that is, people with some form of
vested interest in the past, present and future of Exim - form a formal
development group and have regular (or irregular, but scheduled!) bug
zapping fests aswell as development sessions?

Several other projects I participate in have IRC/IM/SIP sessions to do
this, and one or two have physical get-togethers to do the same thing.

Full disclosure: I can't code for all the money in a bank vault. But I
can compile, build, configure and test!

Graeme