Re: [exim] Exim sends message twice if alias points to itsel…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
CC: Konstantin Boyandin
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim sends message twice if alias points to itself
Hello,

(you should take care to "group reply" (or "list reply") if you do not
intend to send a personal message. And I'd suppose that your message
wasn't meant as personal.)

Konstantin Boyandin <temmokan@???> (So 04 Mai 2008 01:23:18 CEST):
> Hello,
>
> 2008/5/3 Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???>:
> >
> >     # exim4 -v -bv mobst
> >     heiko@???
> >         <-- mobst@???
> >       router = localuser, transport = local_delivery
> >     mobst@???
> >         <-- mobst@???
> >       router = localuser, transport = local_delivery

> >     # exim4 -bV
> >     Exim version 4.68 #1 built 03-Nov-2007 08:11:35
> >     Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
> >     Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September  6, 2005)
> >     Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl GnuTLS move_frozen_messages Content_Scanning Old_Demime
> >     Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 passwd pgsql sqlite
> >     Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot plaintext spa
> >     Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral iplookup manualroute queryprogram redirect
> >     Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
> >     Fixed never_users: 0
> >     Size of off_t: 8
> >     Configuration file is /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

> > So - I can't see that duplicate delivery *would* happen. What does
> > 'exim4 -v -bV' show on your system?
>
> [root@monstera ~]# exim -v -bV
> Exim version 4.62 #1 built 02-May-2006 07:36:25
> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
> Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (March 24, 2006)
> Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
> Content_Scanning Old_Demime
> Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz
> dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 nisplus passwd pgsql
> sqlite
> Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl plaintext spa
> Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
> Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
> Fixed never_users: 0
> Size of off_t: 8
> Configuration file is /etc/exim/exim.conf

Ok, and what does

    exim4 -v -bv userlist

tell you? Do you have the dups there already?

(Your Exim version is a bit historic, but aliases and forwarding
is stuff already known for long time, so I'd think there should be no
relevant bug.)

Maybe you can attach your config file too, since I'd guess that it is a
config problem you're fighting with.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -