Re: [exim] "550 relay not permitted"

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "550 relay not permitted"
On Sun, 04 May 2008 00:36:24 +0100, Peleg Michaeli <peleg@???>
wrote:
>I have searched this list archives, and Debian's docs, and I have found
>the following: in Debian's docs, it says: "Please enter a
>semicolon-separated list of recipient domains for which
> this machine should consider itself the final destination, apart from
> the local hostname (${fqdn}) and "localhost". These domains are
> commonly called "local domains"." - I didn't know WHERE should I do
>that.

dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

>But in the archives I have seen that I should edit "dc_other_hostnames"
>in update-exim4.conf. I have done that, and added a semi-colon separated
>list, with domain.org and lists.domain.org.

What ends up in /var/lib/exim/config.autogenerated?

>I'll be happy if you could show me what do I miss.

You surely missed the reference to
pkg-exim4-users@???, which is the Debian support
forum for Debian's exim4 packages.

Additionally, Debian doesn't configure exim for use with mailman by
default, so you need to tell us what you have been doing to connect
your exim to mailman.

And, of course, the "do not obfuscate" rule (which Martin tried to
make you aware of) applies to pkg-exim4-users as well.

Greetings
Marc