Re: [exim] Aliased address rejected for non-local deliveries

Author: Konstantin Boyandin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Aliased address rejected for non-local deliveries
Hello,

2008/5/4 Stephen Gran <steve@???>:

> On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 06:47:52AM +0700, Konstantin Boyandin said:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a new problem. In /etc/aliases there are records
> >
> > user1alais: user1
> > userlist: user1,user2,user3
> >
> > user1, user2, user3 are local accounts.
> >
> > Mail sent to user1alias@??? is accepted.
> >
> > Mail sent to userlist@??? results in '550 User unknown -
> > userlist@???'
> >
> > May I ask how that can be solved?
>
> Try
> exim -d+route -bt userlist
>
> and look for which of the addresses is undeliverable and remove it.
>
> And please try not to obfuscate. I can see the important thing here,
> but in other cases we might not be able to.

Thanks. The problem was I was using

local_part_suffix = -*

and the failing address had '-' in it, and the part before '-' didn't
exist. I handled that.

The next question: is it possible to use regexp in local_part_suffix
list? I need to consider a suffix the following: dash and one or more
digits after it. The records

local_part_suffix = ^-[0-9]+
local_part_suffix = ^-[0-9]+$

do not work.