Re: [exim] discard email forwarded to aol.com?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Adam Ellsworth
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] discard email forwarded to aol.com?

Erin Spiceland wrote:
> I'm using cPanel/WHM on a shared hosting server. My clients can
> configure their own mail forwarders, but I want to disallow forwarders
> to AOL since this frequently results in my server IP getting
> blacklisted.

Erin,

Sorry to go off-topic, but rather than silently deleting these messages, I
would look into preventing users from setting up the forwarders; solve it
on the user-interface side. Deleting these would not tell anybody the
email ever existed, and bouncing them would send back to the sender who
would only be confused... in either case your user would never know about
your policy.

You could edit "/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/mail/addfwd.html" (or
the addfwd.html for your respective skin) and add a javascript check to
the "fwdemail" input box... check if the value contains '@aol.com' and if
so display a popup box.

Or, you could set up a daily cron job to email you a list of forwarders
set to aol.com so you could contact the users and "ask" them to consider
an alternate plan. :-) I'm thinking a cron job cmd like this:

0 1 * * * grep -i '@aol.com' /etc/valiases/*

But if you haven't already, check into applying for the Feedback Loop or
even the Whitelist at: http://postmaster.aol.com. I have had no problems
with AOL after joining the FBL...

Sorry again, list, for non-exim answers but felt relevant.

-Adam
GetWebSpace.com