Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue
Matt wrote:
>> IF you are doing sender-verify, you will have to expect that a
>> significant number of sending hosts will not pass.
>>
>> Faulty 'vanilla' DNS entries aside, many will be in large ISP 'pools'
>> where incoming/outgoing are separate, and may not be properly listed in
>> DNS, or just not configured to respond as you wish they would.
>>
>> Others may treat your query as possible spambot probing and shut *you*
>> out. Still others have delays or greylsting that will look like a fail
>> in any reasonable time, hence drop the connection.
>
> Its not a sender-verify like that. I THINK all it does is make sure
> the sending email adresses domain has an mx record. I did not add
> this to my exim config its just been there for years.
>
> ---
> # Deny unless sender address can be verified:
> # This statement requires the sender address to be verified before any
> # subsequent ACL statement can be used. If verification fails, the incoming
> # recipient address is refused. Verification consists of trying to route the
> # address, to see if a bounce message could be delivered to it. In the case of
> # remote addresses, basic verification checks only the domain.
>
> require verify = sender
> ---
>
> Does anyone else have this in the exim.conf? This 4.6 Exim.
>
> Matt

ISTR the version you show above does not call-out to the connecting host
at all.

But in the OP you cited a rejection OF the far-end BY your server.

That sounds like you ARE doing a callout.

If not, something else is going on - such as treating that particular
caller as if it were local, perhaps?

More info needed.

Bill