Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matt
Para: Exim Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] Email DNS Issue
> Its not a sender-verify like that. I THINK all it does is make sure
> the sending email adresses domain has an mx record. I did not add
> this to my exim config its just been there for years.
>
> ---
> # Deny unless sender address can be verified:
> # This statement requires the sender address to be verified before any
> # subsequent ACL statement can be used. If verification fails, the incoming
> # recipient address is refused. Verification consists of trying to route the
> # address, to see if a bounce message could be delivered to it. In the case of
> # remote addresses, basic verification checks only the domain.
>
> require verify = sender
> ---

My understanding of what this does. If the source email address
domain is hosted on the same box it just checks if it exists. If its
not hosted on the same box it just does a "dig domain mx". Is that
right? I assume it uses named which is running on the same box as an
authorative and caching name server. I have named/bind configured as
open to recursive lookups only to my IP pools and obviously open to
authorative from anyone.

Matt