Re: [exim] Rewrite FROM address

Author: Luke Sheldrick
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewrite FROM address
On 27/01/2008 00:56, "W B Hacker" <wbh@???> wrote:

> Luke Sheldrick wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Another quick question, I personally utilise receipent forwarding or
>> whatever it is called, i.e. Luke+forumname@??? will come to
>> luke@???
>>
>> However to reply to groups, I have subscribed to using this method,

means
>> the mail has to come from that address. The way I am doing it, is to

setup a
>> new imap account in my email software. However this is getting all a

bit
>> much :P
>>
>> Is there a way to get exim to rewrite the from, if the to is a

paticular

luke+somesite@????

>> I am guessing it can, but havent a clue on the config.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> It can. Other have done such things in several ways, and a search of

the
> archives should find some examples.
>
> But you may not need to. You mentioned using IMAP.
>
> Member of 'many' lists, I simply use filters in the MUA to move or

copy
> incoming from each of many mailings lists to a folder or 'tree' of
> folders for the list(s).
>
> Any that might be needed when 'roaming' are server-side folders -
> otherwise 'Local'.
>
> With just one address, the MUA filter triggers, using this list as an
> example, on:
>
> 'return path' contains 'exim-users'
>
> = No need for a specialized addresses.
>
> = No need to rewrite the 'From:'
>
> HTH,
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes fully aware of the fact that you can move mails to certain folders,
but
this isn't fit for my solution, but thanks for pointing out anyways...

Just tried to look in the archive, but cant find anything, not sure what
should be looking for, i.e. The correct terminology...