Re: [exim] Nabble (was Drop all traffic unless authenticated…

Author: Bleurgh
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Nabble (was Drop all traffic unless authenticated users OR specific IP)

Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> I am seriously wondering (again) about just blocking Nabble. It seems to
> cause more problems than its worth, and creates a degree of confusion
> not seen from any other archiving tool. Maybe its because they pretend
> they are a forum and then gate it into the mailing list.
>
> Are there *any* good reasons why it should stay?

Its the "threaded" views I cant get to grips with. But I think that might be
the same for alot of people under the age of 40! The replies seem to be all
over the place. I've seen other "viewers" that display the replies in a
confusing way also.

If I use the "Classic" view in Nabble it appears more "forum" like which I
much prefer. I'm not a great fan of mailman or any email based discussion. I
think its had its day. I find the modern discussion boards much more
functional and easier to read.