Re: [exim] exim and queue

Author: Peter Kirk
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim and queue
Running freebsd with exim 4.6XXX, sending machine is a xp machine,

The hardware is vmware, so I can easily add more memory or cpu's to it,
was what I meant. Its currently got one cpu 2.66 and 1 gig of ram.

This mail server sends and recieves another +- 30000 mails a day for
internal users and the config includes spam, greylisting, dns lookups,
packet size, number of connections and so on... so I don't want to mess
with those settings to much... like checking data settings..

That's why I was hoping if I can avoide using a queue for messages and
just send them out straight away, then this would send them faster as
they would not sit in a queue for an hour or so but I just wanted to
know if this would kill my machine?

Option 3 does look the best, so might try to implement this.

Thanks