Re: [exim] Abuse Bypassing SA when in To or CC

Author: Mr Shunz
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Abuse Bypassing SA when in To or CC
On Jan 22, 2008 8:45 AM, Gaurav Pruthi <gkpruthi@???> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> Spammers bypass the SA check when they put abuse@??? in To or CC
> field. And putting genuine mail IDs in Other headers.
> Here is the ACL i have in exim
>
> check_recipient:
>

>   warn     message       = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
>            local_parts   = postmaster:abuse

>  warn     message       = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
>         local_parts   = abuse:MAILER-DAEMON

> This ACL prevents SA to run & reject if it has abuse in its header.

actually this ACL simply adds headers, to bypass SA should be smth like

deny   condition = ......
       spam = nobody/defer_ok
       ! local_parts = postmaster:abuse

> How can i modify this acl to run SA in case it has more recepient other than
> abuse, postmaster or MAILER-DAEMON.

in my example simply take out the ! local_parts line ...

As a side note, on our clients mailservers, for postmaster/abuse we
just skip RBL/blacklists checks but
not SA checks, else we'll get 10x times the spam we have normally...

Cheers

--
Daniele Santi        .o.
MrShunz@???    ..o    |,,,/_