Re: [exim] mixed delivery

Author: bin-doph
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mixed delivery

bin-doph wrote:

>> What is the nature of the 'doesnt work' ? Apart from missing a
>> 'domains' condition (which might not matter in your circumstances),
>> this router/transport looks like it should do what you're asking for.
>> You can simplify the 'condition' in the router to
>>
>> local_parts = /etc/exim/pop3/domain1
>
> The nature is, it doesnt work ;). The emails are not delivered locally to
> the users inbox, but is passed through to the next mailserver, which
> doesn't know anything about that mailbox and rejects the mail.
>
>>> My exim-book contains a director called "localuser" which
>>> doesnt work for me (I just noticed I own the old o'reilly exim book
>>> "official guide for release 3"... maybe I should buy one for 4.x...). Im
>>> using exim version 4.62
>>
>>Very little in that book will be of any use. The docs, however, should

help.

>>Peter
>
> I'm already digging there. Thanks for you answer.
>
> cheers
> felix

Got it working, my router looks like this

keep_for_pop:
driver = accept
local_parts = user1 : user2
check_local_user
transport = delivery_for_pop3

and the transport is like the local_user-transport, only with a different
directory for my needs. Since I wont have a lot users for this, I think I
dont need the whole file and just put the local_parts in there. Also it
didnt work with my conditions but the check_local_user did the trick there.
Thanks for your support peter

cheers
felix