Re: [exim] Urgent help needed. Exim 4.67 stopped working.

Author: WJCarpenter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Urgent help needed. Exim 4.67 stopped working.

> After calling Comcast, it appears that yes, I have been port 25 blocked.
> They said it was due to excessive email and suspect a virus. I tried to

I haven't been able to find any info except rumor, but I suspect
Comcast's policy changed today. In 2004, they started blocking port 25
on a case by case basis for the reasons they told you. As of today, I
think they are just blocking port 25 for everyone (at least on the
consumer service). My guess is that the support person you talked to
just hadn't yet gotten the word.

My only gripe, as others have mentioned elsewhere, is that they did it
with no notice. It was easy for me to figure out, but I felt like
calling up and wasting some support time asking about it (but I didn't
because then I'd be wasting my time, too).