[pcre-dev] Please comment on this build suggestion

Author: Philip Hazel
To: pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] Please comment on this build suggestion
A PCRE user has sent me the following comments:

I am looking at 7.5 . "configure" doesn't come up with any dll targets.
With the few additions I made, the dll is made and works well under Windows
(using mingw32 compiler).

I humbly submit the following addition to "Makefile", which will allow
anyone using the 'mingw32' compiler to simply type 'make pcre.dll' and
get a nice DLL for Windows use:

OBJS= pcre_compile.o pcre_config.o \
        pcre_dfa_exec.o pcre_exec.o pcre_fullinfo.o pcre_get.o \
        pcre_globals.o pcre_info.o pcre_maketables.o \
        pcre_newline.o pcre_ord2utf8.o pcre_refcount.o \
        pcre_study.o pcre_tables.o pcre_try_flipped.o \
        pcre_ucp_searchfuncs.o pcre_valid_utf8.o pcre_version.o \
        pcre_chartables.o \
        pcre_xclass.o
pcre.dll: $(OBJS)
        g++ -shared -o pcre.dll -Wl,"--strip-all" -Wl,"--export-all-symbols"
$(OBJS)

Please could somebody who knows about Windows environments tell me if
this is a real problem, if the proposed solution is the right one, and
if so, where to patch it in.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel