Re: [exim] exim recipient callout verification doesn't work …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Phil Pennock
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim recipient callout verification doesn't work ...
On 2008-01-14 at 23:46 +0100, Karl Fischer wrote:
> I have a problem with exim not executing the callout verification at all.
> I'm secondary (fallback) MX for somedomain.de and would like to use callout
> verification to reject mail for non-exisiting users (at least as long as
> the primary mailserver is working ...)
>
> Find the relevant part of the config below:

That's not the only relevant part. When you use callout verification
the address is Routed in the normal way, using the normal Routers. You
don't include that part and you obfuscate the domain in an example where
the domain is relevant.

Further, there's a callout cache which helps Exim avoid connecting to
the primary server for _every_ inbound email.

> However, a mail sent to hello@??? is accepted by my exim and exim
> doesn't do a callout to the primary server at all.
> Why not? What am I doing wrong?

Are the relevant addresses already in the callout cache?

-Phil