Re: [exim] exim recipient callout verification doesn't work …

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Karl Fischer
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] exim recipient callout verification doesn't work ...
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2008-01-14 at 23:46 +0100, Karl Fischer wrote:
>> I have a problem with exim not executing the callout verification at all.
>> I'm secondary (fallback) MX for somedomain.de and would like to use callout
>> verification to reject mail for non-exisiting users (at least as long as
>> the primary mailserver is working ...)
>>
>> Find the relevant part of the config below:
>
> That's not the only relevant part. When you use callout verification
> the address is Routed in the normal way, using the normal Routers.

There's no 'special purpose' routers like 'verify_only' or similar.
Mail to somedomain.de does get routed and delivered in a normal way.
The only problem occurs if the primary mx for somedomain.de doesn't
accept the mail for any reason (eg. no such user)

The relevant part of the routers section is just plain dnslookup:

begin routers

dnslookup:
   driver = dnslookup
   domains = ! +local_domains
   transport = remote_smtp
   # Don't allow domains whose single MX (or A) record is a
   # "special-use IPv4 address", as listed in RFC 3330.
   ignore_target_hosts = 10.0.0.0/8 : 172.16.0.0/12 : 192.168.0.0/16 : \
                         169.254.0.0/16 : 192.0.2.0/24 : \
                         224.0.0.0/4 : 240.0.0.0/4
   no_more

> Further, there's a callout cache which helps Exim avoid connecting to
> the primary server for _every_ inbound email.
>
>> However, a mail sent to hello@??? is accepted by my exim and exim
>> doesn't do a callout to the primary server at all.
>> Why not? What am I doing wrong?
>
> Are the relevant addresses already in the callout cache?

since I didn't use callout before, I don't expect anything to be in the cache.
(is the cache stored in a file or just in memory? If the latter is the case,
then the case is/was empty for sure since I've restarted exim before the test)

Anyway, as you can see in my example (try #2) I also tried it with 'no_cache',
so caching shouldn't be the problem here ... ?!?

I'm sorry for obfuscating the domainnames/IP's, however, sometimes this is
neccessary I'm afraid ...

Any other ideas why exim doesn't even try to connect to the other server???

Many thanks

- Karl