Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

----- Original Message -----
From: "ROGERS Richard" <Richard.Rogers@???>
To: <exim-users@???>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:49 AM
Subject: [exim] Out of Office and collateral spam

> If anyone has better suggestions, I'd like to hear them. Please don't
> just tell me that sending OoO off site is a Really Bad Idea (TM) - I
> already know that!

It's not "collateral" spam. It's just plain "spam". That's the point I would
make to the powers that be !!

Personally, I wouldn't recommend using "automatic" ooo at all, but route a
copy of the mail through to a human being who can decide whether to respond
!!! But if you HAVE to use it, one of the best ways is get people to supply
a list of known contacts and only respond to those. Of course the usefulness
of that method depends on whether the majority of emails received are likely
to be from people they know, or new contacts.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199