Re: [exim] BATV and sender verification - non-local_domainss…

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] BATV and sender verification - non-local_domainssituation
On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 04:00:24AM -0500, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure how the BATV support in Exim is configured.
>
> Mine is all still open-coded:
> http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/routers-ses

I don't see any mention of "prvs"-anything in there (and, AFAICT from the Exim
spec, BATV == the prvs* expansion items). However your config does talk about
SRS, and (as far as I know) SRS and BATV are two completely separate things.

I actually found that implementing prvs/BATV was fairly straightforward: two
ACL chunks, one redirect router, and a transport option.

> On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 11:47 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > > For outbound traffic, you rewrite user@??? to whatever
> > > BATV-mangled address you require as usual, and on the way back in you
> > > mangle it back again. The machine on the inside never needs to know.
> >
> > Wait a moment! Now, there I am lost!
> > Do you mean I need rewrite rules specifically for this task, or the
> > BATV configuration with automagically handle this?
> > I am clueless as what form my rewrite rules (if any) should take.

Odhiambo: the rewriting / mangling is performed by a "redirect" router, not a
rewrite rule.

I'll happily share the relevant parts of my config, but I don't want to butt
in on David if he was ready to help...

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/