Re: [exim] BATV and sender verification - non-local_domains …

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] BATV and sender verification - non-local_domains situation
On Dec 15, 2007 4:44 PM, Dave Evans <exim-users-20070913@???> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 04:00:24AM -0500, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure how the BATV support in Exim is configured.
> >
> > Mine is all still open-coded:
> > http://david.woodhou.se/eximconf/include/routers-ses
>
> I don't see any mention of "prvs"-anything in there (and, AFAICT from the Exim
> spec, BATV == the prvs* expansion items). However your config does talk about
> SRS, and (as far as I know) SRS and BATV are two completely separate things.
>
> I actually found that implementing prvs/BATV was fairly straightforward: two
> ACL chunks, one redirect router, and a transport option.

> > > Wait a moment! Now, there I am lost!
> > > Do you mean I need rewrite rules specifically for this task, or the
> > > BATV configuration with automagically handle this?
> > > I am clueless as what form my rewrite rules (if any) should take.
>
> Odhiambo: the rewriting / mangling is performed by a "redirect" router, not a
> rewrite rule.
>
> I'll happily share the relevant parts of my config, but I don't want to butt
> in on David if he was ready to help...

Hi Evans,

I have followed the instructions here here -
http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51895 - and the only
difference in my case is that whereas those instructions refer to
+local_domains, mine refer to +relay_to_domains.
That is because all the domains Exim sees are relayed to another
system where the deliveries happen.
I'd very much love to see the relevant parts of your config if they
are significantly different than those on the url I am referring to,
or if they apply to a situation like mine.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,

                        --from a /. post