Re: [exim] MessageLabs: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7…

Author: Renaud Allard
To: Netdynamix
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] MessageLabs: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Netdynamix wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I have removed the email addresses in question from the error log as my
> client (who is trying to email a Message Labs Client - which happens to be a
> HUGE worldwide private bank) would not appreciate their addresses to be
> posted everywhere on the internet.
>
> No, I am not a forger trying blatantly to receive help from the list :)
> But I respect and understand where you are coming from.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas what could be causing these issues with sending
> to MessageLab hosted mailboxes? (INCLUDING THEIR SUPPORT@???
> ADDRESS)

My servers happen to relay some mails sent to mailboxes hosted on messagelabs
without big problems. Maybe you are on one of their blacklists. Did you try
dnsstuff to check for blacklists listing your IP(s)?
I have seen some issues as yours but they are not common.

> They have still not responded to my emails sent from my hotmail.com account
> (which, as I said, I had to register for because I cannot send them emails
> from my server. Due to said error.

Using hotmail to try to efficiently send mails is nonsense. Maybe they answered
but hotmail discarded their answers. Maybe hotmail failed to deliver but didn't
tell you. Honestly you should not use hotmail to test anything. Probably gmail
would be a better approach.