Re: [exim] HELO/EHLO reject rates

Author: Marcin Krol
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] HELO/EHLO reject rates
Hello Darton,

>> message that is not spam, and does not originate from a known source of
>> spam, as one that should be delivered). That's not to say it can't be
>> given a score in SpamAssassin though.

> I agree, no rDNS would be a good rejection criterion if we could
> assume everyone was following the standards, but I believe the
> business reality prevents most of us from rejecting on that basis.

I know a few (relatively) large "free email" providers who have done just that. The problem of spam has grown painful enough in size. So who knows, maybe we are on "threshold of spam-inflicted pain" of sorts.

Having said that, as previous poster wrote, no rdns might be very useful for merely increasing spam score in SA.

So, thoughts how to do this in Exim?

Passing the acl_m variable to SA is easy, but I still have little idea how to organize Exim detecting no revdns part.

--
Marcin Krol