Re: [exim] karmasphere.com

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Ted Cooper
CC: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] karmasphere.com

Ted Cooper wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Peter Bowyer wrote:
>>
>>> On 17/09/2007, Elijah Daniel <databug@???> wrote:
>>>
>>> You could also look at third-party reputation services such as
>>> karmasphere.com which can be integrated into Exim as DNSBLs.
>>>

>> This looks like an interesting list. Are you using it? How well does it
>> work?
>>

> I had a quick look at it after Peter mentioned it. It didn't seem to
> have the speed of update of an RBL like zen.spamhaus.org as bad hosts
> took at least 4-6 hours to make it to either a neutral or bad
> reputation. It may just be missing users, or not up to scratch yet.
> It looks quite interesting for syndicating a RBL feed, I just can't
> figure out their business or pricing model. Is it free? Karma based?
> Free to private use but not commercial? Not a very clear website. I
> wouldn't mind putting my DNS blocklist up on it so long as I could use
> it for free :P
>
> Mark: Do you get the spamhaus.org syndicated feed at all?

I use the abusenet RBL mostly and my own lists. After reading the site I
too was confused. It looks like an interesting idea. I don't know what
there are using a custom module to communicate with it rather than just
using DNS. But it has my attention. I'm always looking for a new trick
to get rid of spam.