Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC2

Autor: Sheri
A: pcre-dev
Assumpte: Re: [pcre-dev] 7.4-RC2
I started with a fresh RC2 source dir after 2pm. Msys was restarted, but
system was not rebooted.

There were no problems during configure or make.

However, make install has issues I haven't seen before. Posting the
console output of make install in a separate message.

===========
Tests:

It was not a big deal for me to put the explicit <bsr_unicode> option on
the pcretest inputs that used \R with no explicitly identified option.

zip of altered tests sent privately as original did not come through,
also test 3 with french locality and test 3 comparison file for windows.

the windows test 3 and comparison file could be called only from the
RunTests.bat file.

With RC2 I didn't have a problem with strange white space comparison. I
think I may have edited the testinput files yesterday in an editor that
stripped spaces at line ends, and that it ultimately affected the output
which was being used for comparison.

Runtest script still hangs in Msys. I tried it in a separate build
directory copy. I prefer using Runtests.bat anyway tho. Test 2 FC file
comparison should not be Rem'ed out, esp. if the win versions are used.

===========
Documentation:

There is nothing in README about bsr configuration options

In pcrepattern, I think there should be something in the section titled
"Internal Option Settings", e.g.:

Newline and Backslash-R are not "internal options", but are mentioned
here because they are user options which can be specified with the
pattern. For example:

(*ANYCRLF)(*BSR_ANYCRLF)pattern

overrides the application's selected pcre library defaults for Newline
and Backslash-R.

See <link> for details.

Note: there are other pcre-specific compile and exec options which can
only be set by the application using pcre to compile and/or execute
matching. In some cases (including Newline and Backslash-R), the
application can override options set for pattern compilation with
pcre_exec.

Regards,
Sheri