[exim] Allowing sender verify when sender over quota

Author: John Horne
To: Exim users
Subject: [exim] Allowing sender verify when sender over quota
Hello,

Running Exim 4.62, we use sender verification. However, it seems that if
the original sender has exceeded their mailbox quota, then when Exim
performs the sender verification it receives back a 552 code.
Subsequently the message is rejected.

Does anyone know if it is possible to allow sender verification to
'suceeed' rather than fail, even if the sender is over quota. To me it
seems that the server has accepted the recipient, and, barring the quota
limit, would have accepted the message.

I have checked through the docs, and done some testing with the
$acl_verify_message and $sender_verify_failure variables, but these do
not seem to provide any detailed information about the verification
failure. If they included the actual server response (something like
'552 Quota exceeded') then we could of course look for that and act
accordingly.

Thanks,

John.

John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK  Tel: +44 (0)1752 233914
E-mail: John.Horne@???       Fax: +44 (0)1752 233839