Re: [exim] Commercial spam scanning solution for exim

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Commercial spam scanning solution for exim
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:31, John Jetmore wrote:

> Shame - it was a good package from all accounts. I was asked to produce

With all the talk about spamfiltering I haven't seen any mention yet of
assp. I'm quite happy with it, once it has had time to learn it does a
thorough job, with very few false positives.

> Obviously you can easily do outsourced spam scanning - Postini for
> example. My own experience of this (not with Postini) has not been
> positive so far, but then personally I would not have touched the
> company involved.

Postini seems to do a good job, but leaves through more spam than
desired, which assp then has to catch. Proving assp actually works
better, here at least.

Regards,
Jeroen