[exim] exim/spamassassin - scores way to low

Author: Paul Griffith
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] exim/spamassassin - scores way to low
Hello Exim users,

I am trying to track down a issue with our Exim/SA setup, I am seeing spam
in by inbox that I should not be seeing.

See the URL below for a sample of these processed spam e-mails.

http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~paulg/missed-spam.html

Now if I run SA from the commandline, the same spam e-mails will score
anyway from 6 - 23 points, which normally would be rejected.

I am running Exim 4.67 and SA v3.2.1 with sa-update doing daily updates.

FYI - I am tracking a similar thread on the SA mailing list.

If you need any more info or log traces please let me know.

Here are some snippets from our Exim configure file.
-------
# Content-Filtering
av_scanner = clamd:/tmp/clamd.sock
spamd_address = /tmp/spamd.sock
-------
   # Reject spam messages with score >= 5
   deny  message = This message scored $spam_score spam points.
         spam = exim:true/defer_ok
         condition = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{50}{1}{0}}

# finally accept all the rest
----
local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
transport_filter = /xsys/bin/spamc -U /tmp/spamd.sock
file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
# group = mail
# mode = 0660
----
address_pipe:
driver = pipe
transport_filter = /xsys/bin/spamc -U /tmp/spamd.sock
return_fail_output

Thank You