Re: [exim] [OT] Understanding DEFER withing an ACL subroutin…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joseph Okech
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [OT] Understanding DEFER withing an ACL subroutine
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Joseph Okech wrote:

> > Exim course coming up next week...
>
> Maybe next time the course should be run outside the UK, i've just been denied
> a visa to attend the course yet all payments & papers are in order .... just
> my rants to the UK government.

I am sorry (but sadly, not surprised) to hear that the UK government has
done that. There seem to be a lot of "visa spats" going on at the
moment. I heard of several problems with folks going to AfNOG in Abuja
earlier in the year. Governments are all getting twitchy and over-
reactive, and once one does it, the others follow. Sigh.

For those who do not know, I am retiring from my job at the end of
September, and next weeks's course will be the last here in Cambridge.

However, I have run courses outside the UK on several occasions in the
past, when I have been invited to do so. I would consider doing so
again, but only within the next year or so, while Exim is still fresh in
my mind. After that, I suspect I will be too out-of-date.

Some time ago I jokingly promised to do an "Exim World Tour" when I
retired. I have not followed this up ... but if there *are* a number of
places outside the UK where an Exim course could usefully be delivered,
and the logistics (and finance) could somehow be worked out, maybe this
isn't such a silly idea after all. If anybody wants to get serious with
this, please email me off-list.