Re: [exim] exim/spamassassin - scores way to low

Author: Paul Griffith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim/spamassassin - scores way to low
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:23:42 -0400, Marc Sherman <msherman@???>
wrote:

> Paul Griffith wrote:
>> Hello Exim users,
>>
>> I am trying to track down a issue with our Exim/SA setup, I am seeing
>> spam
>> in by inbox that I should not be seeing.
>>
>> See the URL below for a sample of these processed spam e-mails.
>>
>> http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~paulg/missed-spam.html
>>
>> Now if I run SA from the commandline, the same spam e-mails will score
>> anyway from 6 - 23 points, which normally would be rejected.
>
> It's probably down to the user calling spamassassin. You probably have
> rules or bayes active on your own user account, which are inactive in
> the "exim" account.
>
> - Marc

I am using the default SA config.

bronze 307 % grep -v "#" ~paulg/.spamassassin/user_prefs

bronze 308 %

Here is the exim user:

bronze 308 % grep -v "#" ~exim/.spamassassin/user_prefs

use_bayes 0

We turned bayes off in our local.cf file after we had issues with
NFS,RiserFS and file locking with bayes.

Thanks
Paul