Re: [exim] Referring people to the docs vs. an example

Author: ROGERS Richard
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Referring people to the docs vs. an example
Dave Lugo wrote:
>> So people have questions and it isn't helpful when regulars and
>> sysops jump in with bad attitude. If the people running this forum
>> were doing tech support for a commercial product they wouldn't last
>> a day. I think bad attitude is a big turn off to Exim users and why
>> Exim hasn't gained the market share that other MTAs have that are
>> clearly inferior.
>>

> You get what you pay for.

Actually I tyhink Exim is worth a lot more than I paid for it.

Also the help I've had here has been worth a lot more too.

There's an old saying:
Give a a man a fish; you feed him for a day
Teach a man to fish; you feed him for life.

I've always found the regular contributors to this list more than
helpful in teaching me to fish; that's all I can ask of them

As someone whose job includes some 2nd/3rd line support, I can
understand their frustration if someone appears to be repeatedly asking
for fish.

Regards

Richard

--
Richard Rogers
IT Development and Innovation Manager

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Kindly notify the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your computer.