Re: [exim] Referring people to the docs vs. an example

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Anshuman G
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Referring people to the docs vs. an example

Anshuman G wrote:
> yes, somethings I feel this exim mail list is also like one step more
> for going to read manual

There is a really bad attitude that is developing on this list regarding
being rude to people with questions. Although Exim is by far the best
MTA out there it's not easy to use. I've been using it for 6 years and I
still find it hard to do things that should be simple. There are a lot
of severe inconsistencies in the Exim syntax that are not documented or
poorly documented and although Exim can do very powerful things, it is
often very hard to tell it what you want to do.

So people have questions and it isn't helpful when regulars and sysops
jump in with bad attitude. If the people running this forum were doing
tech support for a commercial product they wouldn't last a day. I think
bad attitude is a big turn off to Exim users and why Exim hasn't gained
the market share that other MTAs have that are clearly inferior.