Re: [exim] Greylisting - using Exim new features - ratelimit…

Autor: Marc Perkel
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Greylisting - using Exim new features - ratelimit with noupdate

Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 10 July 2007 09:11:15 -0700 Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
>
>> I don't publish my data. However if I were losing email then people
>> would be screaming.
>
> Not necessarily true. I've had an instance where I misdirected about
> 10,000 emails before I got a single complaint. Took me 2 days to put
> the emails back where the should have been, and I still didn't get any
> more complaints. But, maybe your users are more observant than mine.

Ian, that is true about getting away with people not noticing FP -
especially if they are blackholled rather than bounced. But if someone
corrisponds with a specific sender and that sender's server gets blocked
then the user lets me know about it. I would then need to find a work
around for that host. I'm not having to do that.